Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hummus


Hearty Breakfast- Hummus on Wheat bread and orange juice
I'm gonna let my pictures do the talking. Black and white pictures are my latest fascination. Remember your mom and dad's old pictures? They look so beautiful and timeless. This is my attempt and creating something timeless with those wonderful memories. 
Hummus?My kids love it. And it is a healthy food .
 

 Recipe For Hummus
Chick peas cooked 1 cup
tahini paste 2 spoons/ thick yogurt 2 spoons 
garlic 1 clove finely minced
( The best)Extra virgin olive oil 3-4 spoonfuls 
Lemon juice of  half a lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
Blend into a smooth paste and let it sit for the flavors to blend
 Add more Olive oil if it feels dry.
Mix it up----- Add roasted red peppers/ roasted cumin seeds/ roasted garlic for more flavor
Serve with Breads, great for sandwiches.  Or as a dip with veggies like cucumber/celery and carrots
Yay! for Motherhood .....I'm loving it ! 
 
Well, most of the times





No comments:

Post a Comment