Monday, June 11, 2012

Watermelon Popsicle!

Summer is here! The Ice cream season.
      Hot Afternoons are the perfect time for it. If I have to give my kids a popsicle daily, I would rather it be a good one without preservatives and food colorings or artificial flavors.
  Watermelon is one of my kids favorite fruits.By making it into a popsicle, I can make popsicle healthy enough for my kids to eat daily and prevent the half unused watermelon from going into the trash. It satisfies my sweet tooth too :-)


Recipe
Cut watermelon into Chunks( I use the seedless variety)- 3-4 cups
Sugar 2-3 spoonfuls( optional)
Cardamom- 2 pods( just the seeds inside) or1 pinch cardamom powder
Blend well and give a taste .
Pour it into molds and freeze.

I used the traditional Stick mold. I also used some fun molds shaped like a fish and flowers. It makes it more interesting for kids and  easier to portion. Its delish! Tasty enough for a toddler and healthy enough for a mom :)
Another Interesting idea is to freeze Grapes...I was lucky to find really sweet seedless grapes. Washed them,and put them in the freezer,single layer on a plate  ...Frozen grapes tasted like candies! even to my fussy 2 yr old :-)


4 comments:

  1. Such a cool idea..really like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shyama! got this Idea from a local ice cream parlor that sold watermelon flavor ice popsicle that Son loved.

      Delete
  2. Love these :-). Do try the Kiwi pops posted on Square Meals

    Aparna

    ReplyDelete